Hanscom Federal Credit Union knows the privacy and security of your Personal Information is important to you. We are committed to the proper handling of the Personal Information collected or processed in connection with your employment with us. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information about you. We may update this Notice at any time.
We collect and process your information either with your consent or on another legal basis. We only require the amount of your personal information necessary to fulfill the functions as described within this Privacy Notice.
Within the context of this Notice, Personal Information means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an individual or a household.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information about you through the application and recruitment process, directly from candidates, employment agencies, screening services or other background-check providers. We may collect additional information from third parties, including former employers, credit reference agencies or other sources that provide employment verification services.
Information We May Collect About You
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Identifiers such as name, title, contact information, photograph, online identifiers, fingerprints, qualifications and professional development-related data, performance-related data, Social Security Numbers, and other government-issued ID cards;
- Bank account details, payroll records and tax status information;
- Information with respect to your sex, age, race, disability, citizenship, immigration status, veteran status, and/or marital status;
- Information you disclose about your health, such as medical conditions, work-related injuries and near-misses, and sick leave requests;
- Information about working hours, vacation, and absences;
- Audio, visual and similar information, such as photographs of you for identity verification, recordings on building security cameras, or audio, video, or call recordings created in connection with our business activities;
- Information related to your use of company computers, devices and networks, including phones, internet and email communications; and
- Information about your professional and employment-related background, including education information, work history, prior employer and data necessary for benefits and related administrative services.
How We Use Personal Information About You
We will only use your personal information as permitted by law. Situations in which we use your personal information include:
- To verify your identity;
- To process and administer payroll and benefits, including medical leaves of absences and accommodations;
- To track time and attendance;
- To manage your performance and make decisions related to your employment, including determining salary and compensation;
- To process employee benefit claims;
- To determine your employment eligibility for particular responsibilities, positions or promotions, and to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws;
- To obtain and verify background checks;
- To record tax information;
- To support our efforts to attract and maintain a diverse workforce;
- To grant and monitor employees’ access to secure company facilities;
- To maintain the security and safety of our systems, locations and personnel;
- To maintain and manage commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers’ compensation and other liability insurance and associated claims;
- To anonymize and/or aggregate data to perform workforce analytics, data analytics and benchmarking.
We may use any and all of the information collected for any of the purposes described in this Notice, unless limitations are listed. We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes as permitted by law.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose personal information that we collect about you or you provide to us as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To service providers, which are companies we use to support our business and which are bound by law and contractual obligations to keep your personal information confidential. Service providers may use information we share with them only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them and they do not sell your personal information. The categories of service providers that we share information with and the services they provide are:
- Payroll services providers that assist us in calculating and disbursing your salary and other compensation.
- Health benefit providers for the purpose of providing benefits.
- Auditing and accounting firms, such as firms that assist us in the creation of our financial records.
- Professional services consultants, such as firms that perform analytics, assist with improving our business, provide legal services or supply project-based resources and assistance.
- Recruitment vendors that assist with the application process, including assessing candidate qualifications and providing the platform through which candidates submit their candidacy.
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications and fraud prevention.
- IT vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting and maintenance; data and software storage; and network operation.
- To government agents who are enforcing any federal, state, or local law or are conducting an investigation or gathering information relating to the enforcement of any federal, state, or local law.
- If required by law, we may disclose personal information to other external parties, such as in response to a valid subpoena.
- We do not sell your personal information to any third parties.
Special Information for California Residents
This disclosure describes categories of Personal Information we collect and the purposes for which we process that information in accordance with section 1798.100 (b) of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). To the extent that we collect Personal Information about you that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices and your rights are described above.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact Hanscom Federal Credit Union’s Human Resources Department at 781-698-2299.
January 1, 2021