Mass Save Heat Loan Program
Mass Save Program 0% Interest Loan
The HEAT Loan Program provides consumers the opportunity to apply for a 0% loan from Hanscom FCU to assist members with the installation of qualified energy efficient improvements in their homes.
Improvements that qualify:
- Attic, Wall, and Basement Insulation
- High Efficiency Heating Systems
- High Efficiency Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Solar Hot Water Systems
- 7 Day Digital Programmable Thermostats
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified Replacement Windows
How it works
Steps to get started
- Customer must sign up for a Home Energy Assessment from an authorized Mass Save vendor. Call (800) 632-8300 to schedule a free home energy assessment.
- A MassSave representative will assess your energy efficiency improvement needs and determine what improvements are eligible for financing. The representative will provide a HEAT Loan Intake Form, Program Steps, and Minimum Standards and Requirements.
- Obtain pre-approval from a participating lender if you choose.
- Obtain written contractor price proposal(s) for the installation of the improvements.
- Forward the proposal(s) for review and approval by your Mass Save HEAT Loan administrator listed by your electric utility or Cape Light Compact’s HEAT Loan Intake Form.
- Once approved you will receive a HEAT Loan Authorization Form.
- Finalize the loan with a participating lender and obtain two-party checks.
- Measures are installed and Mass Save conducts a post-installation inspection on the installed improvements.
The loans are available up-to $50,000 (depending on utility) with terms up-to 7 years.
Incentive available for residential customers occupying a 1-4 family home participating in the Mass Save home energy assessment program. Some restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice