Apple Pay®, Android Pay™ & Samsung Pay™
- Convenient: Just add your Hanscom FCU cards to your iPhone 6® or iPhone 6 Plus®. Pay with just a touch and be on your way.
- Private: Your card number is never stored on your phone or shared with a merchant. A unique Digital Account Number is created specifically for your device.
- Secure: To complete a transaction, you are required to use a Touch ID fingerprint sensor or a secure passcode that only you know.
- Convenient: Look for the app on your phone. Android Pay comes preloaded on several devices. If your phone doesn’t have the app, download it from Google Play.
- Private: Your card number is never stored on your phone or shared with a merchant. Instead, it uses a virtual account number so your card details and private information stay safe.
- Secure: Peace of mind when you lose your phone. No more frantically canceling your credit cards. If your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can use Android Device Manager to instantly lock your device from anywhere, secure it with a new password, even wipe it clean of your personal information.
- Convenient: Paying with your phone fast, easy, and convenient. Plus, it works almost anywhere you can swipe or tap a card.
- Track Purchases: Get a payment confirmation that shows you exactly where a given transaction happened, along with the merchant’s name and number. So it’s easy to catch any suspicious activity.
- Secure: The transaction generates a unique code that represents your account information. This means that no personally identifiable information is being transmitted during the transaction.
How does the security of this payment option compare to my chip cards?
Both are based on the same security technology. However, both Android Pay and Samsung Pay generate a unique code that represents your account information. This means that no personally identifiable information is being transmitted during the transaction.
Could someone within close proximity intercept the data?
Android Pay and Samsung Pay do not use your card account information directly. Instead, it assigns and encrypts a unique Device Account Number to your card and stores it securely. This code can be interpreted only by the financial institution that issued your card. The information would not be readable, usable, or understandable by anyone other than Hanscom Federal Credit Union.
For questions with Apple Pay, Android Pay, or Samsung Pay enrollment for your debit or credit card, please contact our Card Services department at 781-698-2030, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm